Questions about the Thomann Warranty
Question to Thomann:
I have had a few customers asking what the digital piano warranty covers for
someone that lives in the UK.
Are they covered for three years? What does the warranty cover? (Repairs?
Replacement?) Would any repairs be carried out in the UK? If not, where?
Would the customer have to pay any delivery charges for digital pianos that need
to be returned to be repaired or replaced?
Regards, Graham Howard (ukpianos.co.uk)
Dear Mr. Howard
Thank you for your email.
Yes, the digital pianos have warranty for three years. Of course also in the UK! If anything is faulty, we decide,
if we have to arrange a pickup or send a technician, or if we have to change the instrument.
If we can't repair the piano in the UK we will deliver a brand new one and at the same time collect the
faulty one. ukpianos.co.uk customers won't have to pay any delivery charges!
Thomas Amann, Thomann
Three Year Thomann Warranty
In addition to warranty services prescribed by law, the firm
Thomann also provides a three-year guarantee defined by the following regulations:
1. The firm Thomann provides a guarantee for all damages arising during the
guarantee period, provided that such damages were caused by a material deficiency or manufacturing error.
2. Excluded from the guarantee are:
- products with defects arising from normal usage or from other effects of wear
caused by the latter, as well as
- product defects caused by insufficient attention to the technical instructions for use, by the inappropriate use
of the article, or due to atypical environmental conditions, operating conditions foreign and inappropriate to the
article, excessive implementation of the article, inadequate maintenace or insufficient care;
- product defects caused by the utilisation of accessories, supplementary or replacement parts which are not
original components of the article;
- products which have themselves been altered or supplemented as a whole;
- minor deviations from the normal state of the purchased article which are not significant in respect to the value
or utility of the article;
In the event the firm Thomann is able to substantiate greater damages caused by delay, the firm reserves the right
to raise corresponding legal claims.
3. Product defects which should receive guarantee protection – as determined by
the firm Thomann – are to be corrected in the following way: The defective article will either be repaired
free of charge as decided by the firm Thomann, or the defective article will be replaced by a fully
functional equivalent (in some cases a later version). Products and product parts which have been replaced
become the property of the firm Thomann.
4. Guarantee claims must be raised within the official guarantee period. For this purpose, the product in question
should be returned to the firm Thomann with the original invoice.
5. Claims other than those named in these guarantee conditions – concerning the correction or compensation of
product defects - are not covered by this guarantee.
6. The provision of guarantee services neither prolongs nor renews the guarantee period for the article in
"Superb service...my orders arrive from
here nearly twice as fast as from similar type stores in the uk! Keep up the good work!"
Ian Randell, London on 15.03.2007
"I have bought pianos, amps, guitars and
other music equipment from you and the service has been EXCELLENT!"
Tony, from Dublin on 11.10.2007
"We are particularly impressed with the
speed and efficiency of your service, as well as the excellent price."
Richard from the UK on 14.11.2006
"This is the best online service I have
ever experienced - I have placed an order from the uk with complete confidence."
Craig, Bolton on 03.01.2007
Read more Thomann testimonials